Liceul Teoretic Scoala Mea offers students a consistent and varied cross-curricular program for learning English, a program whose structure includes adaptations to the British curriculum, supported by both Romanian and English teachers and concretized by a total number of:
8 hours per week for preschool level – teaching and communication is done exclusively in English.
8 hours per week for preparatory classes – 2nd grade
9 hours per week for grades III-IV.
10 hours per week for grades V-VI.
7-8 hours per week for grades VII-VIII.
4-5 hours a week for grades IX-XII.
Teaching specific elements of the British curriculum in English classes effectively completes the preparation of students for the successful promotion of the Cambridge international exams (YLE, KET, PET, FCE) by implementing optional courses, such as:
– Preschool Level: Math Club, Science Club, Doodle Town, Jolly Phonics, Conversation;
– Primary: Jolly Phonics, Conversation, Primary Science, Mini BNC, Maths Hunters, Kings and Queens of England;
– High School Level: BNC, Science Matters, Social Studies, Geography 360, Art and Design, Strategies for taking FCE, Views on Literature;
– High School Level: BNC, Strategies for taking IGCSE / IELTS / AS, Views on Literature.
FRENCH / GERMAN / SPANISH
Students of the Theoretical High School My School can choose to study one of the following foreign languages: French, German or Spanish as a second language of study. The training program includes:
– 1 hour per week (German language) for preschool students
– 2 hours per week (German / French / Spanish) for primary school students
– 3 hours per week (German / French / Spanish) for students enrolled in the 5th grade
– 2 hours per week (German / French / Spanish) for students enrolled in grades VI – VIII
– 2 hours per week (German / French) for high school students
The LTSM German and French language teaching program effectively complements the preparation of students for the Delf (A1 / A2 / B1 / B2) and Goethe (B1 / B2) international exams.